19 May Financing Your REALice
Get a Cash Flow Boost — and Reduce Your Monthly Costs
Cash Flow. Many arenas just don’t have enough. REALice, your public utilities, and financing through the National Energy Improvement Fund can all help to improve that situation.
REALice will reduce your energy spend by letting you use colder floodwater and higher brine settings. Those energy savings will, in most States, be eligible for rebates from your utility that will make an impact on your Simple Payback. Financing your purchase through the National Energy Improvement Fund also makes sense: the energy savings will cover the monthly payments, (depending on the term), and you don’t need to use your own money.
Here’s what needs to happen:
- Offer – by getting roughly a dozen questions answered about the regular ice operations at your facility, we are able to calculate how much REALice will save the facility by moving away from hot water floods.
- Utility Incentives – We hunt for rebates from the facility’s public utility. Utilities love REALice and the savings it brings their customers and they review our calculations to make incentive offers!
- Financing – Most arena operators are eligible for third party financing, which means small monthly payments over the term, with no cash outlay. We recommend National Energy Improvement Fund, specializing in raising financing for green projects like REALice. NEIF calculates the payment and the positive cash flow the arena will see by implementing REALice.
- Choice of Term – Choose your term 3, 4 or 5 years are common. And you can decide if you want to keep the incentives instead of using them to pay down the financing. In most cases, NEIF is able to extend both options.
- The NEIF approval process is straightforward and easy. Once approved, the financing paperwork is signed electronically by the customer and the REALice system will be shipped.
- Once the system is delivered, our invoice is paid by the bank financing the project.
- Once the REALice wall unit is installed and verified to the utility, the rebate check will be in the mail, usually within 30 days of the installation.
NEIF’s Director of Commercial Programs and Training, Jensen Handwork, is excited to be working with us and arenas across the USA:
“Energy efficiency is all about saving money,” says Jensen. “NEIF is thrilled to offer financing to support the REALice solution for ice rinks. The REALice solution is simple and long term, and the energy savings each month are usually much greater than the monthly financing payments.”
“Doing business the way it’s always been done just doesn’t pay any more,” he adds. “That includes looking at process changes, and REALice is a great example of that.”
Want to know more about how you can save money, preserve your cash, get incentive and be ready for the ice to go back in? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s time to switch to REALice. With high energy costs — and rebates available from many utilities — changing from hot to cold water ice resurfacing has never made more sense. To find out what REALice would mean to your facility, check out our Savings Calculator and see for yourself now.